Monday, November 23, 2009

Triggers

Today went really well for my plan. I ate on plan and more importantly, ON TIME! Meal timing has been a major hurdle for me. This job is so much better for that. After I got home this evening, I had my final meal. It was such a yummy salad. :) I ate my chicken on the 40 min car ride home. Its a funny thing I noticed that caused me to blog. I was watching the a new show called Find My Family. First, it made me bawl my eyes out. They were good tears I guess, but it was SO emotional. The next thing I know, I'm in the refrigerator looking for crap! I had some crazy sugar craving kick in. I JUST got done eating! I really was surprised by this. Apparently I was triggered. The emotional response that the show brought out then triggered the eating response. Wow. It was never quite so... hidden before. I know when I am angry I am prone to eat for comfort. Deep sadness usually means I don't want food at all. This mixture of emotions of sadness, relief and joy - apparently that's a sugar cue. I don't know. It was just so strange. I was having a real physical craving. I needed sugar. But I already ate... and the food I consumed was healthy and low glycemic. There shouldn't have been any reason. The only thing that makes sense was that I was being emotionally manipulated by that show... I'm glad this happened. I don't have anything in my house that I could have eaten, but now I am more aware of the hidden triggers...

No comments: