Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pearls of Wisdom for the Doormats of the World...

Hmmm... perfect little tidbit for me today. Thank you Chalene Johnson...

"By failing to respect yourself, your own time, your own boundaries and what's important to you, others actually lose respect for you."

In her blog she also mentioned that we teach people how to treat us.

**LIGHTBULB**
Yep. I've taught people that I will bend over backwards and that I should be treated as a doormat. No respect needed. All I ever wanted was to be nice to people and make others happy. In the end, I conveyed to people that I didn't care about myself and neither should they. Unfortunately, people take advantage where they can... even if they really don't mean any ill will. It just happens.

This is going to take some work to get rid of this "I give all of myself" attitude. I can't change overnight, but this is clearly something I need to work on. Thank you Universe for shedding the light on this.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, girl, I think that's been my problem too! Always being sweet and kind and thoughtful of everyone else and THEIR feelings and ignoring mine and being taken advantage of. I'm TRYING to change and do for ME and stop letting people walk all over me, but it is a work in progress. Good for you, I'm so happy you had a *lightbulb* moment. We both deserve SO much more!