Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Funny thing about timing...

So yesterday I mentioned that I didn't think I'd be getting any free meals or cheats. This morning I felt like death. I still do really, but slightly better. The first thing I did was get an attitude about eating turkey first thing in the morning. I was all grumpy and whiny. I just wanted to eat something not on plan- like a bagel or something warm and carby. You know what I mean. Something soothing. Sorry, but turkey just doesn't feel like comfort food. I stayed on plan and went back to bed for 45 minutes. Feeling like death warmed over sometimes wins in the sleep department. After my little nap, I got back up and read THIS. Talk about timing! Pauline is dead on. If you don't read her blog, I HIGHLY recommend it.
"Just one more time" , "I'll start fresh tomorrow", and "I'll do more cardio" aren't going to cut it. Each day an exception is made, is one more day further from the goal. Maybe someone out there has the ability to have just once taste and move on, but not me. Sometimes someone mentioning certain food has the power to get my mind obsessing for hours. There are days when I am all fight and nothing seems to bother me at all. All the tasty goodies can be sitting in front of my face and I could care less. Other days however... well its a battle to not lose my mind. The biggest key for me to make it through all this, is to be prepared for the down days. When my schedule is whacked, my boss is insane, when I just don't feel good... I have to be 100% prepared and 100% committed to following through. What good does it really do me to eat something crappy? Is that moment really that good? Nope. Never is.

I don't want to get to the stage and think- "If only I wouldn't have done/ate X,Y,Z" or "I wish I would have done X,Y,Z better/more/harder/sooner". I don't want regrets when I'm on stage. I only want pride. I want to stand with my friends and be proud of my hard work. While there is always room for improvement, I don't want it to be because I didn't give it my all RIGHT NOW.

So, what are YOU doing right now? I'm off to burn up some shoulders!

No comments: