Saturday, December 19, 2009

Quickie?

So I am at work attempting to blog. :P

I got hit hard this last week with some crazy arse infection. My throat felt like it was going to swell up and close off completely. It hurt SO bad. My coworker went to the doc and he was told it was strep that he had. I had the same symptoms a day later. I loaded up with Vit C, echinacea, green tea, probiotics and I managed to get some antibiotics called in as a favor from my doc since I don't have health insurance until the 1st of the year. I feel a lot better but not top notch yet. My head is still a bowl of mucus. Yuck. I can't wait til its over. I got a short cardio session in. It felt good to move again, but I could tell I was pushing my limits. I'm going to keep moving the rest of the weekend. My plan is to be ready to push hard by Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas... its been tradition to have a glass of eggnog (or three!) on Christmas morning. I love the stuff. This year I passed up gallons of the stuff. Finally my habits got the best of me and I picked up a beautiful carton. I held it in my hand and imagined the smooth, creamy, spicy drink flowing over my tongue. THEN, I stupidly read the back of the damn carton! I knew the fat and sugar was bad. That actually didn't phase me. I was aware of those damages. What I was completely unaware of was the HFCS!! I always thought eggnog was just milk/cream, eggs, spices and sugar. Uh..... Frickin High Fructose Corn Syrup???? Damn you HFCS! Its listed 2x! So yeah.... my beloved eggnog is off limits. The hubby has offered to make me some homemade stuff, but its just not the same. I tried to spice up my UMP protein shake with all the right spices... it was okay, but not eggnog. I even tried adding an egg! lol So, I guess all good things must come to an end. :P Eggnog neva did nuttin' for my body anyway.... except tickle my tastebuds....

K, gotta run. I only have 1 day off before Christmas. :( Time is short.

1 comment:

Sunnie said...

I guess I am lucky, I hate eggnog! You should know by now that anything that taste fabulous usually has the stinking crap in it that our body's rebel against. Give it time and it will get to where you do not even want it anymore.