Saturday, January 1, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude

One of the things I put on my list for 2011 was to cultivate an Attitude of Gratitude. Each day I want to be aware of at least one thing to be grateful for. You can't be unhappy and grateful at the same time. ;) I don't think it is just me, but I know I tend to get sucked into the negative downward spiral sometimes. So I intend to create a habit that will help ward that cycle off. It will be so good to focus on my blessing and the positive things in my life. Things won't go perfectly this year- or at least not how I always plan them to go. But life will move forward and 2011 will turn into 2012. Instead of wasting energy focusing on what isn't right, perfect or all the pain and suffering, I will shift my focus to the positive so that I may be lifted up, reminded of how good I do have it, and that I might be truly thankful for my life.

Today, January 1st, 2011, I am thankful for all the positive energy a new year brings. For all the hopes, dreams, wishes and intentions for a great new year all coming together. I am thankful for the feeling of a fresh start- though each day gives us that chance, the energy of a new year is just bigger.


I recently got a book called Attitudes of Gratitude by M.J. Ryan. I'll be reading this and hoping to use it in developing a strong practice. :)

No comments: