Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Success Anyone?

I've been on fire this week. Determined and motivated to stop watching my life go by and actually dig down and LIVE it! I've come to terms with how my body currently processes things I put in my mouth. For right now, beans and quinoa are not good protein sources. I hold on to the carbs and store, store, store. I've built some great muscle over the first part of the year but I am not losing the fat. I know I have the ability to build muscle fairly easy so I am turning to more isolated protein and fats to get the fat off me. I am having my scrumptious oatmeal concoctions in the morning and that's working fine. Everything else after is protein, veggies and fat.
Thant being said, a friend posted this video up on facbeook and I thought it was awesome.


Rare Arnold Motivational Speech - Simplyshredded.com from Allen on Vimeo.



Schwarzenegger’s Six Rules for Success:

1. Trust yourself. Who do you want to be? (not what) Eliminate all distractions to listen to your heart and who YOU want to be. That means turn off the TV, the iPhone, the random chatter and sit still long enough for that voice to become loud. Listen to that voice no matter what others say.
2. Break the rules. Not the law, but the “rules”. Those are the made up beliefs about how things are. Break all the limiting ideas about what is possible. Create a system to break the rules, like training every day, taking classes, learning what it would take to break the limits. Turn your perceived “weaknesses” into advantages.
3. Don’t be afraid to fail. You can’t be paralyzed by fear of failure or you will never push yourself. You keep pushing because you believe in yourself and in your vision and you know that it is the right thing to do, and success will come. Some of his movies were “failures” but he kept on making more. In baseball, a 70% failure rate batting means you are worth MILLIONS a year!
4. Don’t listen to the naysayers. How many times have you heard that you can’t do this and you can’t do that and it’s never been done before? His mother in law started Special Olympics 40 years ago. Everyone said they were handicapped, they can’t do anything, no one will watch it. Thank goodness she didn’t listen to them. They are now in 164 countries! Again, listen to your heart not the outside world.
5. Work your butt off. To the question: "How many sit-ups do you do?"Mohammed Ali answered, "I don’t count my sit-ups. I only start counting when it starts hurting. When I feel pain, that’s when I start counting, because that’s when it really counts."
6. It’s about giving back. Whatever path that you take in your lives, you must always find time to give something back, something back to your community, give something back to your state or to your country.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There are lots of training methods, techniques and strategies. I liked one article I have read recently. It provides 4 basic exercising essentials, according to fitness instructors, which would help to gain quick results. I was surprised to know that proper recovery and diversifying your exercises is so important. Check at militarygradenutritionals.com/blog/sports-training-tips/4-simple-fitness-tips-to-get-real-training-results-now/.